Monday, July 22, 2013

A new diet to try, a mini trampoline and WATER

Monday, July 22, 2013 - 9:00 P.M.

Greetings friends who want to Live Stress Free!

I want to talk about stress free physical health today.

I'm still working on my goal to lose 10 pounds. I gave up the alternate day fasting. It is just too difficult to work my full time job and work on my business with such little food intake. I needed more substance.

So, my latest attempt is the Tim Ferriss slow-carb diet - SCD

Basically its lean protein, vegetables and legumes with lots of water.
AND, you can take one day off a week!

Here's his rules:


Rule #1: Avoid “white” starchy carbohydrates (or those that can be white). This means all bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, and grains. If you have to ask, don’t eat it.
Rule #2: Eat the same few meals over and over again, especially for breakfast and lunch. You already do this; you’re just picking new default meals.
Rule #3: Don’t drink calories. Exception: 1-2 glasses of dry red wine per night is allowed.
Rule #4: Don’t eat fruit. (Fructose –> glycerol phosphate –> more bodyfat, more or less.) Avocado and tomatoes are excepted.
Rule #5: Take one day off per week and go nuts. I choose and recommend Saturday.

I am increasing my water intake to a gallon a day.
Now, I know that sounds like a lot, but ... one glass of water each hour = one gallon during waking hours. That's not that difficult!

AND, I bought a mini-trampoline:)))
I put on a Stones concert on DVD and jumped/jogged on my trampoline for exercise today.

These are some of my strategies. I'll keep you posted!

Warm regards,
Marilyn



No comments:

Post a Comment