Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Let Go of the Routine

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 8:30 PM - Day 3 of new blog

My third day of sharing what it's like to navigate my life while remaining true to living stress free.

This was a day of exhaustion. Something about this time of year ... not quite spring yet but winter definitely feels over. The tightness held in the body from feeling cold throughout the winter starts to release. This release = exhaustion.

I get to bed on time but I'm still struggling to get up in the morning, hitting the snooze alarm and rationalizing how I can stay in bed longer.

My morning routine is very full. 
After I get myself out of bed and freshened up, I walk the dogs in the pre-dawn darkness. 
After they're done, which can take a while ...  I make coffee and start on breakfast. I try to skim the morning newspaper while the coffee brews. 
While breakfast is cooking I feed the dogs and start feeding all the birds. 
I wake Lou and we have coffee and breakfast. Then I get lunch prepared and packed and finish feeding the birds. 
Then I meditate for 20 minutes.
Now its time to start getting ready for work. I need 45 minutes to prepare myself for the work day.
And, once again, the dogs need to be walked before I leave for work.

I'm used to my morning routine and I like it for the most part.
Luckily, I can get to work "around" 9:00 and stay later at the end of the day.

The way I use Living Stress Free® with my routine is I don't always stick to the routine. 
I listen to my inner wisdom. 
Maybe we don't have breakfast so I can take more time to read in the morning. Maybe I skip lunch packing and go out for lunch instead. Maybe I take a long walk with the dogs and let other things go. Sometimes I take the scenic route to work so I can see beautiful images to start the day.

Flowing with nature is the key. Nature = intuition/inner wisdom.

Here's an article we posted on our site with more on this idea: Living Your Life as a Music Composition

See you tomorrow.
Marilyn



No comments:

Post a Comment