Sunday, June 16, 2013

Don't Take Thoughts Too Seriously

Sunday, June 17, 2013 - 9:30 PM - Life Coaching Blog

I've had a lot of challenges lately, but I learned something about my mind I want to share because we all have experienced this, I'm sure.

Just because I think something does not mean it will occur.
Just because I make a decision, after carefully weighing both sides of the decision, looking at the pros and cons, using my problem solving skills, what I decide means nothing in the end. There is a greater intelligence that makes decisions.

I made a firm decision about a difficult issue last week. I did a great job contemplating all sides.
However, the end result of the situation was not what I decided and I had no control over this course of events that decided it. Did I get mad? No. I found it fascinating.

My message? Don't take your thoughts too seriously.
They are helpful and necessary for many things, but attachment to anything we think can lead us astray.

My computer died today, so I'll send blogs as I'm able.

Cheers,
Marilyn





No comments:

Post a Comment