Thursday, May 23, 2013

Be Aware of Awareness

Thursday, May 23, 2013 - 9:30 PM - Life Coaching Blog

I've been teaching a Mindfulness Class at the University of Rochester, working with students who have the same frustration - "I can't stop my thoughts".

I would imagine this is a common problem for many people.

The secret is to not try and stop your thoughts. There is a fundamental difference between thoughts and thinking. Mindfulness practice works with the "thinking" not the thoughts.

The best way to let go of the frustration about thoughts is to just let them be and become identified with the awareness of the thoughts. Become aware of awareness itself. That is the true secret to mindfulness practice.

I invite you to read my latest article on my website:

Mindfulness Explained

Have a lovely evening,
Marilyn


No comments:

Post a Comment