Saturday, May 11, 2013

Update on Goal to Lose Weight

Saturday, May 11, 2013 - 9:15 PM - Day 49 of Life Coaching Blog

I want to share how my alternate-day-fasting is going.

I am getting used to knowing what foods are good to eat to stay in the 400 calorie range on fasting days. I basically have a soy protein shake for breakfast, raw vegetables and broth for lunch and something light for dinner such as a small piece of smoked salmon, or a couple spoonfuls of ricotta cheese and berries, for example.

However, I am not doing this every other day. I'm doing this about 3x per week. Weekends are not easy to fast! My husband and I go to the public market for farm fresh produce, meats, cheeses, etc and prepare gourmet meals based on what we buy at the farmer's market. It's a lot of fun and our "family tradition" so I am not going to spoil it by fasting. I am still making progress with my goal to lose 10-15 pounds.

Besides the fasting, I'm using green coffee bean extract and exercising.

My advice to anyone working on losing weight: do it within reason. Do not put a burden on family traditions. Find your way given your lifestyle.

Peace,
Marilyn


No comments:

Post a Comment