Monday, April 22, 2013

Feeling Bad over Not Getting it all Done

Monday, April 22, 2013 - 8:00 PM - Day 30 of new blog

Not a smooth day ...

I enjoyed my weekend, I did things spontaneously, I had fun - no regrets.

Today, I started feeling bad about not getting more stuff done over the weekend. This resulted in more irritability and confusion over what to do first. I was not easily satisfied.

I'm sharing this because it is part of the human experience. We all feel bad about a lack of accomplishment, but the only way to honor rest, recreation and fun is to not spend time accomplishing!
It's a "catch 22". The answer isn't to let go of rest, recreation and fun. The answer is to adjust our perception to accomplishing rest, recreation and fun.

Someone once said "whatever must get done will get done... the rest can wait another day".
It's true.

So, my message to all of you, is to remember that changing how you live your life so that it is more balanced will be uncomfortable at times, it will seem wrong or contrary to your goals. These are just thoughts. Let them go and enjoy the now.

Peace,
Marilyn


2 comments:

  1. Nice Information! I personally really appreciate your article. This is a great website. I will make sure that I stop back again!. share tips

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for commenting. I enjoy sharing my experiences on this life journey and it's always nice to hear others resonate with my feelings.
    Yes, I definitely invite you to my website and sign up for free inspirational tips via email if you'd like: http://eepurl.com/gI3oX
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete