Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Taking Care of the Basics

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 - 9:30 PM - Day 38 of Life Coaching Blog

I was in session with some of my therapy clients today and I had an interesting realization. Those who are struggling with the symptoms of their mental illness in the midst of stressful life circumstances tend to resist prioritizing the basics: nutrition, rest and exercise. No matter what is going on in life, the problems can be solved easier if a person is getting proper rest, adequate exercise and healthy nutrition.

I took this realization to my life. The past few days I have felt frustrated with not being able to get enough done. My to-do list is long (and getting longer) with very little crossed out. However, I realized I am taking care of getting rest, exercise and proper nutrition. No wonder each day is an adventure instead of a challenge!

I'm sharing this as a reminder ... take care of the basics first.

Warm regards,
Marilyn

No comments:

Post a Comment