Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The Wisdom of Surrender and other Musings

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 - 10:00 PM - Day 31 of new blog

I'm counting the blog days because I want to go at least 365, without missing a day.
So far so good!

I had a great experience this afternoon of slipping into the "ease and effortless" mode.
When this wonderful state of mind occurs, all self consciousness disappears. I spontaneously respond to the moment by feel, not by thought. All worry dissipates.
"What must be done" is seen more clearly as "what could be done. "
It's a light, carefree, confident experience.

It is natural to practice mindfulness, being fully present - in The Now - when this state of mind enlivens.

How did I get here?

  • I have a consistent meditation practice daily.
  • I've been immersing my mind with great teachings from Alan Watts, Shunryu Suzuki and Eckhart Tolle.
  • Writing my Living Stress Free articles and blogs every day is reinforcing all the teachings.
  • I've been balancing my essential needs and focusing more on diet and exercise.


Here is an article I posted tonight on my website that has a wonderful video from Eckhart Tolle describing the true meaning of surrender. It has to do with being in THE NOW.

The Wisdom of Surrender

Enjoy!

Marilyn


No comments:

Post a Comment