Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The Awareness Technique

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 - 10:00 PM - Day 18 of new blog

My mind was very peaceful today. I experienced inner silence frequently throughout the day.

In the evening I continued writing new artcles for our Living Stress Free website because it is Stress Awareness Month. Focusing on the signs, symptoms and facts about "stress" started affecting my mind.
I noticed I felt more tension, mental constriction and fatigue. Describing stress in great detail started causing me stress!

Moral of the story: Be careful what you focus on, especially when exclusively focusing on it.

The antidote?

The Awareness Technique:

Feel the air at the level of your nose as you breath.
While doing this, notice how your body feels.
While doing both of these, listen to the sounds in your environment.
Finally, be aware of your thoughts while noticing the other three.

With this technique you are including everything you are experiencing instead of excluding parts of your total experience. It diffuses stress and cultivates a calm, groundedness.

Peace ...


Marilyn





No comments:

Post a Comment